paradoxical as it may sounds, I believe that the first days of the year are a glorious period to be at work! Many people are on vacations, and the routine gives room for a unique brew of coworkers’ dynamics and there are lots and lots of different emotions and situations to experience:
- You can enjoy silence and loneliness in your office
- You can dread silence and loneliness in your office
- You can learn how much silence is vital for doing productive, original work
- You can miss all the chatting and gossiping
- Events force you to face new problems so that you:
- take on new responsibilities
- Learn something outside your comfort zone
- Strengthen your self-confidence
- Make positive connections with colleagues you don’t usually meet
- Events force you to face new problems, and:
- Postpone, blame others, don’t take responsibilities
- Spend your time fleeing from people and situations
- You self-doubt increases
- You make yourself miserable and untrustworthy
Look at the even-numbered items. Look at the other ones.
For once, I’d rather be the odd guy at work.
Until next time, enjoy the silence.
P.s.: I love how Depeche Mode send out their messages. Simple yet powerful sentences, with plenty of charisma on tap. The music, although not my usual genre, is always stellar!